As you proceed through your Wheat Belly 10-Day Grain Detox, you are likely to see some changes when you look in the mirror, changes you’ll find empowering, encouraging, even thrilling. While weight loss, of course, brings its own collection of improvements, there is more that actually changes in some wonderful ways.
You may observe reduced swelling or edema over the entire face and reduced puffiness around the eyes. If you compare your before-and-after photos, you may notice that your eyes look larger. If you started with redness or the wheat/grain signature seborrheic rash on the cheeks or along the sides of the nose, you will likely see this rash recede, then disappear, during the first week. Facial contours will change more than you expect, with sharpening of the jawline and cheekbones.
Don’t be surprised if friends ask whether you’ve undergone expert cosmetic surgery to achieve such dramatic effects. These are the changes that lead people on Wheat Belly social media to see that the before-and-after pictures look like two different people. (The photos are of the same person, of course, but the contrast reflects the often breathtaking transformations of this unique anti-inflammatory lifestyle.)
You may also observe the following:
- Loss of cellulite. The retreat of cellulite can begin during the 10 days of your detox and continue over a longer period.
- Thicker hair. Because hair grows slowly, this effect will take longer than the 10 days of your detox to notice.
- Changes in your nails. Fingernails and toenails often become thicker and smoother over time as they grow.
- Teeth improvements. I predict that you will experience dramatic changes in dental health: improve in gum health and gingivitis and less plaque formation.
- Breast changes. Breast size can be reduced a cup size or two, changes that are not explained by weight lost alone. While some women find this undesirable, it can be a reduction of breast cancer risk. Males celebrate the reversal, or course.
If you’re ready to jumpstart your weight loss—or give yourself the reboot you need to get back into the Wheat Belly lifestyle, go ahead and preorder your copy of Wheat Belly 10-Day Grain Detox and stay tuned to the Wheat Belly Blog and social media for tips and tools to get you from 0 to sixty fast.